This reminder was sent in by Una Daly:
This week (March 7th – 11th) is Open Education Week worldwide, and there are 60 free online and local events to promote the benefits of OER. The Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources (CCCOER) is hosting 2 more that may be of interest. No need to register for these, just turn up at the scheduled day/time.
- OER Adoption to Scale Community College OER Projects from 4 States (Wed, Mar 9, 10:00 am PST)
- OER Adoptions: Student Panels and Faculty Development (Th, March 10, 10:00 am PST)
These are not just open textbook events, there are a wide variety of workshops on policy and practice.
- Open educational practice beyond the institution? (davidtjones.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Underestimate the Power of OER (patrickmlarkin.com)
- U.S. Department of Labor Adopts CC-BY Licensing Policy Department-Wide (infojustice.org)